This Privacy Statement deals with information that a user may provide on the Merchant Partners websites.
For the purposes of this Statement, Merchant Partners definition of 'user' encompasses merchants, affiliate members, partners, sales agents, sponsors, customers and cardholders and any other visitor who discloses information to the company. Merchant Partners is committed to respecting the privacy of your personal information and wants to promote trust and confidence on the Internet. To that end, Merchant Partners hereby outlines the type of information that is collected and tracked on this website and how Merchant Partners uses this information in its business operations.
This Privacy Statement describes:
- The personally identifiable information Merchant Partners collects.
- Merchant Partners Zero Spam Policy
- How Merchant Partners uses the information.
- With whom Merchant Partners may share the information.
- The safeguards that are in place to prevent loss and/or misuse of the information and to maintain its integrity.
- How users can update or correct personal information.
Collection of Information
Merchant Partners collects information from its users in the following methods.
- Registration - Merchant Partners collects personally identifiable information on its users through the registration process (merchant account applications, affiliate program application, partners' program application and customer's purchase information) where the applicant is required to give some of the following contact information: company information, product information, technical information, credit card information, account executive name, telephone number, email address, address.
- Ordering - In order to complete an application form or a customer information request, the user is required to provide Merchant Partners with the following information: name, mailing address, shipping address, email address, phone number and credit card information. This information is used to complete the account application process, to complete the customer's information request and to verify the validity of a request.
- Tracking - Users' Internet Protocol (IP) address is automatically received and collected when they visit some Merchant Partners websites. Merchant Partners also tracks information such as the domain name from which a user visits us, the pages a user requests, and the amount of time that a user spends on the site. From the IP address, Merchant Partners can only determine the Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of user's point of connectivity. This information is used in the aggregate for statistical purposes.
Merchant Partners Zero Spam Tolerance Policy
Merchants or any third party working on their behalf shall not use the Merchant Partners mail service and or its name to send unsolicited e-mail messages, including, without limitation, bulk commercial advertising or informational announcements ("spam"). In addition, Merchants or any third party working on their behalf shall not (a) send e-mail messages which are excessive and/or intended to harass or annoy others, (b) continue to send e-mail messages or USENET postings to a recipient who has indicated that he/she does not wish to receive them, (c) send e-mail messages with forged header information, or (d) send malicious e-mail messages or USENET postings, including, without limitation, "mailbombing."
Use of Information
- Information Collected Through Tracking - The information that Merchant Partners collects is used in the aggregate to obtain demographic information about the entire Merchant Partners audience in order to improve service to its customers and merchants, to perform statistical analysis of the collective characteristics and behavior of its users. From this information, Merchant Partners can measure overall patron demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the Merchant Partners' domain and to analyze how and where to apply its resources. Merchant Partners also uses the collected aggregate data to inform its sponsors of the number of visitors who have seen and "clicked" on their advertisements. Cookies are used to determine what particular content (e.g. advertising) users view, how long they view it, which content or sites that users link to, and which services members and visitors tend to use.
- Information Collected Through Registration - Merchants' personal information is used to set up the merchant's account, to send the merchants updates, or changes to Merchant Partners services. Merchant Partners uses credit card information to fulfill the merchant account application process. Customers' personal and payment information is used to confirm the customer's identity and to provide information concerning the customer's online order.
Sharing of Information
- Financial Institutions - Merchant Partners credit card transactions are handled by third-party financial institutions that receive the credit card number and other personal information in order to verify the validity of the credit card numbers and process the transactions.
- Law Enforcement Investigations - Merchant Partners may be required to disclose personal information when required by law wherein it believes that such disclosure is necessary to comply with legal proceedings. Merchant Partners responds to subpoenas, warrants, or other court orders regarding information that is contained within our access logs concerning any merchant, user, customer or visitor. Merchant Partners reserves the right to release information concerning any user who is believed to be in violation of contract, regulations, laws or guidelines, even without a subpoena, warrant, or other court order. Merchant Partners cooperates with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use its services for illegal activities. Merchant Partners also reserves the right to report any deemed illegal activity by its users to law enforcement agencies.
- Clients - In the event of an inquiry or a dispute by a customer, Merchant Partners releases to customers information about the merchant, such as Customer Service Phone Line (if provided by the merchant), merchant's administrative contact information, and merchant's website.
- Third Party - Merchant Partners discloses information only to third parties who are business partners that provide intrinsic services (i.e. credit card companies) and who are required to treat the information with the same degree of care. Please note that Merchant Partners' websites link to a wide variety of other websites, and Merchant Partners is not accountable for their privacy policies or how they treat information about their users. Please note that Merchant Partners does not control the acts of its users, merchants, suppliers, etc. All users should be aware that, when they disclose personal information to third parties on or off the Merchant Partners websites, the information may be collected and used to send that user unsolicited email. In the event that a customer encounters a Merchant Partners merchant who is improperly collecting or using personal information, please contact Merchant Partners immediately.
- Security - Merchant Partners uses commercially reasonable precautions, such as security software, physical security features and strict policy guidelines to safeguard the privacy of its users' personal information; it is also committed to constantly improving its security measures as new technology is made available. Merchant Partners works diligently to protect the safety of customers' online purchases and merchants' sensitive information by using authentication technology (certificates) and encryption technology (SSL). Our secure server software encrypts all personal information, including credit card information and/or social security number, which is transmitted over the Internet to and from Merchant Partners websites.
Updating and Correcting Information
If you would like to view the information Merchant Partners has collected about you, correct your information or opt not to consent to certain uses of your personal information, please contact your assigned account executive, who will assist you in this process.
Changes to the Privacy Statement
This Statement is subject to change as Merchant Partners enhances its services and products, as well as being amended to maintain compliance with the applicable laws and regulations. Users who have a contract with Merchant Partners will be notified of any changes and other users will be notified prior to collecting such information, as well as of changes to any other part of the business that Merchant Partners deems appropriate for disclosure.
If Merchant Partners intends to use personal information in a manner other than is stated at the time of collection, users will be notified and given the opportunity to consent to such a use.
Users of Merchant Partners websites must abide by the regulations and laws of their country of origin.
OR fill out the simple form below.
"Merchant Partners Electronic Check Processing has allowed us to increase revenue streams by provinding enhanced check services to our clients"
- Auto Industry ISV